Not all developers on a project using git-flow

Michael....@digitaria.com

Feb 18, 2014, 2:29:12 PM2/18/14
to gitflo...@googlegroups.com
I'm thinking of finally using git-flow. I'm not the only developer on the project. So will using git-flow mess things up if the other developers don't use it? I have them following some of the basic tenets like using local branches for feature development. I just want to make sure that when I add git-flow to the repo I won't mess up their environments.

justin

Feb 18, 2014, 2:32:34 PM2/18/14
to gitflo...@googlegroups.com
The cool thing about git-flow is that it's just a standardization of a set of branching practices. It only affects your local copy. Everyone else would see feature branches as you publish them, but they are in no way required to use them the same way as you do.

--justin

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 11:29 AM, <Michael....@digitaria.com> wrote:
I'm thinking of finally using git-flow. I'm not the only developer on the project. So will using git-flow mess things up if the other developers don't use it? I have them following some of the basic tenets like using local branches for feature development. I just want to make sure that when I add git-flow to the repo I won't mess up their environments.

http://justinhileman.com

Peter van der Does

Feb 18, 2014, 2:33:17 PM2/18/14
to gitflo...@googlegroups.com
Whether you are using the original git-flow or git-flow AVH, it
won't mess up their environments.

All of the configuration is done in the .git directory.

Disclaimer: I maintain git-flow AVH
https://github.com/petervanderdoes/gitflow

--
Peter van der Does