Does merge use "--squash"?

c.b...@posteo.jp

Apr 19, 2023, 5:40:01 AM4/19/23
to gitflo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

when doing "finish" with a hotfix or release branch and it is merged
back into main and develop, how is this merge done?

Are the commits from the hotfix branch are squashed?

Kind
Christian

Fred Condo

Apr 19, 2023, 12:59:03 PM4/19/23
to gitflo...@googlegroups.com
All the finish commands take a -S option to squash.

See git flow feature finish --help for more information.

Note: I am using the Peter van der Does version of git-flow.

c.b...@posteo.jp

Apr 19, 2023, 3:25:23 PM4/19/23
to gitflo...@googlegroups.com
Am 19.04.2023 18:58 schrieb 'Fred Condo' via gitflow-users:
> All the finish commands take a -S option to squash.

Thanks.

> See git flow feature finish --help for more information.

This command doesn't work if the repo wasn't initalized via "git flow
init" before.

Because the projects seems "dead" I didn't report that as a bug.