Sourcetree Not allowing new feature to be created

jdwl...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2016, 1:18:01 PM6/11/16
to gitflow-users

I've dumped an insane amount of time into learning git, getting it working with visual studio, and trying to keep it organized.

Right when I thought I had it all together, I had just finished my first feature.  I tried to merge it, but it won't merge.

That was ok...now I try to create a new feature.

I keep getting

sh.exe C:\Users\Justin\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\gitflow_local\gitflow\git-flow feature start ANYTHING
fatal: Not a gitflow-enabled repo yet. Please run "git flow init" first.

This makes NO SENSE TO ME and I am INSANELY frustrated.  I have gone EVERYWHERE for answers and tried changing the config file and initializing it again more times than I can count.

I have also tried initializing in terminal, but I get new errors there:

$ git flow init -d
Using default branch names.

Which branch should be used for integration of the "next release"?
   - Develop
   - Feature/Data-Structures
   - Instruction-Decoder
Branch name for "next release" development: [develop]
Fatal: Local branch 'develop' does not exist.

when I look at all my branches I get this

Justin@JDWL MINGW32 ~/Documents/computer-architecture (Instruction-Decoder)
$ git show-branch -a
! [Develop] First major commit:
 ! [Feature/Data-Structures] First major commit:
  * [Instruction-Decoder] First major commit:
   ! [master] First major commit:
    ! [origin/Develop] First major commit:
     ! [origin/Feature/Data-Structures] First major commit:
      ! [origin/Instruction-Decoder] First major commit:
       ! [origin/master] First major commit:
--------
++*+++++ [Develop] First major commit:

I have absolutely no sweet clue where to go...as you can see I gave up and created a new branch called instruction-deoder...but the amount of hours I've dumped into cryptic problems with git...it's a miracle my laptop isn't in a million pieces.

PLEASE, someone help.

Luke Farrar

Jun 13, 2016, 12:40:26 PM6/13/16
to gitflo...@googlegroups.com

The branch names in your show-branch output appear to be things like 'Develop' instead of 'develop'.
Also, have 10 minutes out and nice a cup of tea ;-)
--
Luke Farrar
Java Developer