Should you be able to delete file from repo view diff window?

Scott F

Nov 8, 2017, 3:15:24 PM11/8/17
to GitExtensions
There are two windows that show my changes to my working copy.

The main repo view has a diff window in the bottom right. In addition the commit window staging area shows the exact same list. In the commit window staging area I can right click and delete a file. Why can I not do this same action in the repo view diff window. I don't see any reason why the right click context menu should differ in these two identical lists.

Thoughts?

RussKie

Nov 13, 2017, 5:44:05 AM11/13/17
to GitExtensions
The windows have different responsibilities and display results from different git commands (git status  vs git diff).

For further discussions I recommend to head over to Github - https://github.com/gitextensions/gitextensions/issues as you much more likely get response to your questions.