Adding a file to the files that are tracked

Ross McMillan

Apr 1, 2019, 5:08:00 PM4/1/19
to GitExtensions
This seems such a simple requirement I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be a visible way of doing it.

I have a repository which contains files in a folder tree, with some files that are excluded (EXE's, DLL's etc.) in a global gitignore file.

I have a couple of files (DLL's) that I want to include in the repo, just so I have a record of what DLLs were part of the project at a certain time, as the DLL's might get updated.

So I want to add a file, such that it isn't excluded by the global gitignores, and is tracked from then on.

How do I do this, either from GitEx or from a (Windows) command line?

Igor Velikorossov

Apr 1, 2019, 5:17:04 PM4/1/19
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
We no longer maintain the google group.