How to setup gravatar for gitextension

Ian

Nov 15, 2010, 9:24:15 AM11/15/10
to GitExtensions
Hi.

I have noticed in the Settings>>Appearance page there is a check box
labelled: "Get author image from gravator.com".

How does this work? I have setup an account and image on gravatar but
unsure how to configure this in gitextensions.

Any instructions somewhere for this? I have looked in the User manaul
but it is unclear what to do .

Thanks

Ian

Steffen Forkmann

Nov 15, 2010, 9:28:32 AM11/15/10
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ian,

you don't have to configure gitextensions at all. It always asks Gravatar.com for your picture (matching your mail address).
Maybe you have to refresh your image cache (right click on the picture)

Regards,
Steffen

Nov 15, 2010, 9:51:59 AM11/15/10
to gitextensions
Hi Steffen.

Thanks for that.  I did not realise it worked on email address. I have now setup my work email adress (used a personal one before) and it is working fine.

Thanks

Ian