Branch List Panel Not Showing

Thomas Passin

Aug 30, 2022, 12:13:09 AM8/30/22
to GitExtensions
All of a sudden (after using Git Extensions for years) the left hand panel that shows the list of branches has disappeared.  I have not found any setting or View item to restore it.  I have:

1. Tried various internet searches;
2. Read through the Read-the_docs documentation;
3. Exited and restarted the program;
4. Had the installer try to repair the installation.

My next move would be to re-install completely.  I'm a little reluctant because I don't want to chance losing my GitHub remotes and connections.

OS: Window 10 with recent updates.
Git Extensions version: 3.5.4.12724.

Am I missing something simple, or is there a known fix?

Thomas Passin

Aug 30, 2022, 11:26:42 PM8/30/22
to GitExtensions
I solved the problem, without knowing how it happened in the first place (perhaps there is a hotkey I don't know about that I hit by mistake).  In the GitExtensions.settings file (in %APPDATA%\Roaming\GitExtensions), there is a key formbrowse_toolbar_visibility_toggleBranchTreePanel. Its value was false.  I changed it to true, and restarted GitExtensions.  Now there is a new icon near the left of the toolbar.  The new icon toggles the branch tree panel on and off.