GitBlit extremely slow

BE IT

Jan 18, 2023, 6:10:11 AM1/18/23
to gitblit
Hi
We've deployed gitblit V 1.9.3 on a win2012 virtual server with 8 CPU cores (Xeon Gold 6246R 3.4GHz) and 16 GB of RAM.
When gitblit starts, it takes more than 6 minutes to identify the repositories:
2023-01-18 12:33:26 [INFO ] Identifying repositories...
2023-01-18 12:39:45 [INFO ] 7 repositories identified with calculated folder sizes in 379,380 msecs
Also, when I push commits to the server it takes very long (5-10 minutes sometimes).
As you can see, there are only 7 repositories on this server, with no more than a few dozens of commits every week, which I think is not much load.
I've searched quite extensively on google in order to find a solution for this, or any recommendations on how many GBs of RAM should be sufficient, but could not find much help so far.
If someone has any idea, it would be much appreciated.
The service is set to start iwh 8192MB initial memory pool and same amout for maximum memory pool. I use the default properties file for gitblit with the only parameters being overwritten in the gitblit.properties file being siteName, repositoriesFolder and git.checkReferencedObjectsAreReachable = false

Thanks

Florian Zschocke

Apr 7, 2023, 1:01:53 PM4/7/23
to gitblit
Unfortunately I have no idea what could cause this behaviour. The server's resources certainly look more than sufficient.
The only thing I can think of is if the repositories were stored on a remote filesystem.