Пређи на прву непрочитану поруку

Scott M. Parrill

непрочитано,
29. 11. 2022. 18:41:1829.11.22.
– git...@googlegroups.com

In tinkering with GitBlit, I’m not sure I understand the concept of “projects” within this product.  When I look at the “my dashboard” page, I see a “projects” link.  What I have not found is a way to administer “projects”.  If I log into GitBlit with an administrative user, I can move repositories between folders by editing the repository.  I just don’t understand how “projects” tie into all of this or how to create them as they do appear in the ability to edit the repository URL.

Thanks,
Scott

---------------------------------------

Scott Parrill

Systems Administrator

Enterprise IT, Infrastructure and Security

University of Wyoming

spar...@uwyo.edu

307-766-4829

Florian Zschocke

непрочитано,
5. 12. 2022. 12:57:135.12.22.
– gitblit
On Wednesday, 30 November 2022 at 00:41:18 UTC+1 you wrote:

In tinkering with GitBlit, I’m not sure I understand the concept of “projects” within this product.  When I look at the “my dashboard” page, I see a “projects” link.  What I have not found is a way to administer “projects”.  If I log into GitBlit with an administrative user, I can move repositories between folders by editing the repository.  I just don’t understand how “projects” tie into all of this or how to create them as they do appear in the ability to edit the repository URL.

Hi Scott!

Projects currently only exist as a structuring element. In the path to a repository, the first element (folder) is considered a project.  Which is very limited and mostly just for grouping. You can add descriptions for projects, but only by adding a `project.mkd` file on the filesystem. (See Main Repositories "project").
Projects as first-level entities, i.e. with permissions and members and administration, only exist as a concept, the implementation was never completed. (See also  https://github.com/gitblit/gitblit/issues/647)

Hope this explains it a little,
Florian

Scott M. Parrill

непрочитано,
9. 12. 2022. 11:31:129.12.22.
– git...@googlegroups.com

Sorry for the slow response on this, but the helps.

Thanks,

Scott