The problem of java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

饶浩承

Dec 20, 2017, 7:55:26 PM12/20/17
to gitblit
Hi the gitblit team,

The gitblit is a nice project, it helps me to build a code management of my Lab. I have used it about 5 months. but these days I meet some problem:

1.  The server can't be used every two or three days. When I visit the web of my server built by gitblit, I find my server has been down. The error is "Http 500 server error", Its detail information is  "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space". So I restart my server and the app of gitblit.  It works again, but it will be down again after two days. So How can I solve this trouble?

2. How can I change the information on the dashboard? I'm the admin of the website, sometimes I hope anyone who uses the server know some the information or rule, So I want to put my information on the dashboard. I wish when they visit the website, they can see it for the first time. I think it convenient.

3. how can I join the source project of gitblit or the others projects of your team. I think this app is very friendly for the beginner, Although I am a c++ programmer, I really like coding. If you could permit me to join the team of you. I think this is a wonderful thing for me.

Thanks for your scanning. If you would help me to solve the above problem, that is wonderful.

best wish,
Jack Rao

Florian Zschocke

Nov 8, 2019, 8:32:33 PM11/8/19
to gitblit
1. Apparently you are using GitBlit with large files or repositories, so that it needs more memory. You should make sure that it has enough heap space, by adding the "-Xmx" parameter to the command line that starts GitBlit. For example "java -Xmx4096m -jar gitblit.jar --baseFolder data". You may have to change the start script if you are using one.

2. I don't believe that is possible. I don't know, though.

3. GitBlit is open source hosted on GitHub. Simply get on GitHub, create a personal fork of the GitBlit (gitblit/gitblit) project, and start adding your changes. Then create a pull request with your changes against the original giblet project. You should always use a new and different branch off the master branch for every change/feature that you would like to get integrated into the gitblit/master branch. Create a pull request from your new branch.

Matthias Sohn

Nov 9, 2019, 11:41:38 AM11/9/19
to git...@googlegroups.com
Find more information here http://gitblit.com/setup_scaling.html