Someone can help me about upgrade the time of certificate?

Gabriel Tacconi

Sep 14, 2023, 8:27:35 AM9/14/23
to gitblit
Hello Guys,

I've a certificate for 365 days and in this certificate I've some projects links.
But I realize that the deadline of certificate are 365 days, after that how I can upgrade the same certificate for more days valid?
 or when the certificate expires, I'll not lost my project and just need to create a new one?

I've been trying find some information about this on gitblit portal but without success.

Pete Lorenzo

Sep 14, 2023, 4:40:42 PM9/14/23
to git...@googlegroups.com
I believe you would renew the certificate with your provider and they will give you a new certificate to install into gitblit. your projects are unrelated to the certificate, the certificate only being used to access the gitblit interface. your projects are simply git repositories stored in the filesystem, gitblit and the certificate being used as an easier method to access them. you should be able to disable https or replace the certificate at any time and your projects should be unaffected. you can even copy the git directory to your local system and access it that way, if in a pinch and gitblit isn't accessible.