Import project with history

Luca Fenu

Dec 5, 2018, 4:45:44 PM12/5/18
to gitblit
Hello there,
I could not find any tip about how to move an already existing repository to gitblit, without losing its history. Is there any specific tool, command, or setting in which I am able to do it?
Thanks in advance

Luca

Matthias Sohn

Dec 5, 2018, 4:56:53 PM12/5/18
to git...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 10:45 PM Luca Fenu <fenu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello there,
I could not find any tip about how to move an already existing repository to gitblit, without losing its history. Is there any specific tool, command, or setting in which I am able to do it?

how about copying the bare repository to the gitblit's folder containing all the git repositories it's serving ?

-Matthias

Luca Fenu

Dec 5, 2018, 5:25:11 PM12/5/18
to gitblit
It would miss the commit history of the project. Am I wrong?

Matthias Sohn

Dec 6, 2018, 5:54:51 AM12/6/18
to git...@googlegroups.com
you are wrong, the git repository is containing the history.
At least when you copy the original bare repository which was hosted elsewhere earlier.
Otherwise you can create a full copy using git clone --mirror

-Matthias