Removing remote branches in Gitblit

Scott M. Parrill

Jan 4, 2023, 7:00:17 PM1/4/23
to git...@googlegroups.com

I’m looking at the workflow in Gitblit and comparing it to another Git solution we have in place.  With the non-Gitblit solution, the workflow includes deleting the issue branch on the server once the issue is fully resolved.  This prevents having hundreds, or more, of old branches cluttering things up when trying to find the appropriate branch.  The alternate solution does not have a ticketing system built-in, and the issue tickets are maintained is a separate solution.

With Gitblit, what is the expected workflow when dealing with old issue branches without loosing the ticket history?

Thanks,

Scott

---------------------------------------

Scott Parrill

Systems Administrator

Enterprise IT, Infrastructure and Security

University of Wyoming

spar...@uwyo.edu

307-766-4829

Florian Zschocke

Apr 7, 2023, 12:40:59 PM4/7/23
to gitblit
Hi Scott!

I am not 100% sure I understood the issue. It is true that there is no button on checkbox to delete the branch automatically when the ticket is merged, i.e. resolved. Gitblit is more basic here, it is up to the developer to delete the branch explicitly, either via Git or the branches page in the web UI.
But this is independent from the ticket history, so I didn't get that part.

Best regards
Florian