KMLer - Get terraint point... nothing happen

danipen

Mar 2, 2011, 9:20:59 AM3/2/11
to GIS Planet
I tried to use "get point from terrain" but nothing didn't happened...
I did thees steps:
open a map based of the corine land cover for the territory of Milan
(Italy) that has just one layer about urbanized soil
open google heart and zoom to milan
in arcmap I used the kmler command "get view from ge" and the zoom and
location of arcmap and ge correctly match
than in arcmap I use the kmler command "get point from terrain" give
the name "elevation" for the new file and leaving the 20 as interval
number (what is this? meter of altitude? or something else?)
nothing happend... no new "altitude" file is saved in the selected
folder, no new layer in arcmap...
What I'm doing wrong?
thanks a lot for the help
Daniele

Valery Hronusov

Mar 2, 2011, 9:40:26 AM3/2/11
to gisp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Daniele
20 is grid count (20x20 points).
Can you open this points?

EN: www.geoblogspot.com
RU: http://www.informpp.com/
PhD Valery Hronusov
GIS research.

Daniele Pennati

Mar 2, 2011, 9:57:57 AM3/2/11
to gisp...@googlegroups.com
After I start the command  I didn't get any result...
where this grid shoud be saved?
I can't see anything on the map, no new layer and no new file is saved in the folder I selected
I think that I'm missing something...
Thanks
Daniele