GIS/SIG Conference Registration Reminder

GIS-SIG Board

Apr 6, 2018, 8:26:15 AM4/6/18
to GIS_SIG

Our 27th annual conference is quickly approaching next Tuesday April 10th.  There is still time to register!

Registration Link

The final agenda is now available!
Agenda

Check our website for updates and abstracts.
Conference Web Page

Be sure to stick around for the door prize drawing at the end of the day for your chance to win a Yeti Cooler!

Conference Information:
April 10, 2018
8:00am - 4:00pm

Conference Location:
Burgundy Basin
1361 Marsh Rd
Pittsford, NY 14534

*Reminder* the single lane bridge will be CLOSED due to bridge repair.  Please plan your route accordingly.

Thank you to our conference sponsors:

GIS SIG

Mar 17, 2023, 2:16:38 PM3/17/23
to GIS_SIG

Our 30th annual conference will be happening on Tuesday, April 11th.  There is still time to register!

Registration Link

Our keynote speaker will be Kurt Menke, who will be discussing the current state of QGIS, the adoption of QGIS and PostGIS in Denmark by local governments, and what is in the future for QGIS.

Our agenda will be available soon!  We are back to having three different Sessions for our morning and afternoon speakers, so you'll have options.  We do have a few more slots for speakers potentially available, so contact us if you have an abstract to submit.

Check our website for updates.
Conference Web Page

Conference Information:
April 11, 2023

8:00am - 4:00pm

Conference Location:
RIT Inn and Conference Center
5257 W Henrietta Rd, Henrietta, NY 14467

GIS SIG

Mar 30, 2023, 4:48:23 PM3/30/23
to GIS_SIG

Our 30th annual conference will be happening on Tuesday, April 11th.  There is still time to register!
Our agenda is is live on our website: GIS/SIG 2023 Conference Agenda

Registration Link

Here is the abstract from our Keynote Speaker, Kurt Menke

Where Are We with Open-Source GIS Solutions in 2023?

Not only are we in a data rich period but a software rich period as well.  The number of potential solutions can be overwhelming. The business models behind open-source GIS can be counterintuitive. To complicate things, we all have deadline after deadline to hit. As someone who cut my teeth on Esri solutions but have transitioned to using 100% open-source tools, I will provide a broad overview of the past, present, and future of open-source GIS. This will be done with examples and stories. Some of these will be from my new home, Copenhagen Denmark, and some from my days as a GIS consultant based in Albuquerque, New Mexico. There are some exciting tools out there and I hope to shed some light on the gems in open-source GIS.

Check our website for updates and more information.

Conference Web Page

Conference Information:
April 11, 2023
8:00am - 4:00pm

Conference Location:
RIT Inn and Conference Center
5257 W Henrietta Rd, Henrietta, NY 14467

Conference Sponsors:
esri-18globelogo-tag-below-1C (2).png
waypoint.png