Rebooting the Mailing/Discussion List

1 view

Jen Myers

Aug 2, 2011, 9:40:16 AM8/2/11
to Girl Develop It Columbus
I've opened up access to this list so it serves not just as a mailing
list but a discussion list. Which means all members can ask questions,
post links and introduce topics to talk about. So please do so!

We're working on a number of logistics about future classes, which
will start in the beginning of September with another round of our
newbie HTML/CSS and programming classes and hopefully include some
more advanced topics to start soon after. I'll be sure to send out
notifications about class details as soon as registration is open.

Quick reminder about the other initiatives we're getting going: we
want to start matching a couple of students with mentors for some one-
on-one help outside class. Specifically, right now I need some HTML/
CSS mentors. If you're interested in doing this, please check out the
info on it here: http://www.girldevelopitcbus.com/mentors

We get together the last Wednesday of every month for a hack night.
Check our calendar for details on the next one:
http://www.meetup.com/girldevelopitcbus/events/calendar/

If you are interested in teaching/assisting, make sure you're on our
teacher mailing list over here: http://groups.google.com/group/girl-develop-it-columbus-teachers

Also, don't forget we're on Twitter (@gdicbus) and Facebook
(facebook.com/girldevelopitcbus).

Please speak up to ask questions or make suggestions as we move ahead!
Thanks for being a part of this. I'm looking forward to taking it to
the next level very soon.