how to contribute matchers

Thorsten von Eicken

Jul 1, 2014, 2:29:30 AM7/1/14
to ginkgo-a...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to contribute a "BeAfter" matcher that compares time.Time values. To get good results, I also have to enhance the formatStruct function to print time.Time values more nicely. I know what to change, but I wonder how to deal with the import statements. It seems that I have to change all import "github.com/onsi/gomega" in the gomega source tree of my forked repo in order to use my fork, but then that's gonna pollute the pull request. Is there a trick to avoid this?
And... if there's a reason a BeAfter matcher is not desirable, let me know and I'll save myself the trouble...

Onsi Fakhouri

Jul 1, 2014, 11:22:53 PM7/1/14
to ginkgo-a...@googlegroups.com
I think the simplest way to contribute would be to fork the repo and then `git clone` your forked repo into `$GOPATH/src/github.com/onsi/gomega`.  That way you don't have to mess with the imports but can still point to your fork...  symlinks might work too?

Onsi

--
https://github.com/onsi/ginkgo
https://github.com/onsi/gomega

Thorsten von Eicken

Jul 2, 2014, 1:17:20 AM7/2/14
to ginkgo-a...@googlegroups.com
I went the symlink route. Feels very hackish, but this is one area where Go sucks...