Determining test assembly

Mario Pareja

May 18, 2011, 7:49:23 PM5/18/11
to giles-contin...@googlegroups.com
Hey Folks,

I have a branch named infer_parameters in my github account (mpareja). This branch has some code to inspect the solution file and then the project files to try and identify the test assembly file name automagically. The TestAssemblyPath can, of course, still be passed in via the command line but is now optional.

Some things to note:

+ It is not bullet proof - it is just meant to handle some basic cases.
+ It uses some hard-coded heuristics to try and identify the best project. (Referenced assemblies, project names, etc.)
+ I ran into a chicken and egg problem in Program.cs: in order to init the container, I need to know the test assembly path; in order to infer the test assembly path files, I need a reference to FileSystem. At the moment, I just new-up FileSystem and pass it directly into TestAssemblyFinder.
+ I rebased this branch based on master after all of the AppDomain goodness was added, so it should be easy to pull into master.

I implemented this because I want Giles to make a good first impression. I felt a bit of friction here when trying Giles for the first time.

Let me know what you think,

Mario

Jeff Schumacher

May 19, 2011, 12:37:33 AM5/19/11
to giles-contin...@googlegroups.com

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see the changes. (not at a computer now).

Jeff Schumacher

May 24, 2011, 4:06:22 PM5/24/11
to giles-contin...@googlegroups.com

Hey Mario, is this feature ready to pull in?

Mario Pareja

May 24, 2011, 5:19:55 PM5/24/11
to giles-contin...@googlegroups.com
I should have sent you a pull request!  It is ready, though I believe your master has moved ahead some.

Mario Pareja

May 24, 2011, 5:28:40 PM5/24/11
to giles-contin...@googlegroups.com
How about I'll do the leg work of bringing it up to date with your master and then send you a pull request?

Jeff Schumacher

May 24, 2011, 5:52:40 PM5/24/11
to giles-contin...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good

Mario Pareja

May 24, 2011, 5:59:51 PM5/24/11
to giles-contin...@googlegroups.com
FYI, we have some inconsistent open-mustache (curly brace) formatting going on.

Jeff Schumacher

May 25, 2011, 12:27:30 PM5/25/11
to giles-contin...@googlegroups.com

Sounds good!

On May 24, 2011 2:29 PM, "Mario Pareja" <pareja...@gmail.com> wrote:

How about I'll do the leg work of bringing it up to date with your master and then send you a pull request?

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Jeff Schumacher <je...@codingreflection.com> wrote:

> Hey Mario, is this feature ready to pull in?
>>

>> On May 18, 2011 4:49 PM, "Mario Pareja" <pare...

Mario Pareja

May 25, 2011, 12:36:57 PM5/25/11
to giles-contin...@googlegroups.com
I submitted a pull request for this.

Jeff Schumacher

May 26, 2011, 7:40:31 PM5/26/11
to giles-contin...@googlegroups.com
Hey Mario, I haven't forgotten about this. The past few nights have been crazy for me. I'll pull by the end of the weekend.

Thanks!

Mario Pareja

May 26, 2011, 7:46:17 PM5/26/11
to giles-contin...@googlegroups.com
No worries, Jeff.  I appreciate the update and I can also appreciate craziness.  We just moved into a new house, so I don't even have internet!  I have a couple of unrelated bug fixes I will send you pull requests for shortly while I have internet access.  Yikes! I feel like I'm back in the 1990's.

Mario