error message incomplete

Jason Pettys

Mar 27, 2012, 11:32:21 AM3/27/12
to giles-contin...@googlegroups.com
Hi! I heard about Giles on Herding Code and wanted to give it a try. I'm seeing one thing that doesn't seem right to me, and have one suggestion. Maybe I just need to be informed of how to use the tool better.

Error details missing?
I launched a command window an executed Giles -s MyProject.sln and all looks good. When I get a failed test and choose "E" to see the results, I get this -- assertion details are missing:

Test Run Errors (1)
-------------------
OriginationAndTerminationEqual_ReturnsInUse

   at NUnit.Framework.Assert.That(Object actual, IResolveConstraint expression,
String message, Object[] args)
   at NUnit.Framework.Assert.IsTrue(Boolean condition)
   at Sonet.Tests.Queries.CheckIfCircuitEndpointsUseAvailableResourcesTest.Origi
nationAndTerminationEqual_ReturnsInUse() in c:\sonetjp\source\Sonet.Tests\Querie
s\CheckIfCircuitEndpointsUseAvailableResourcesTest.cs:line 58

When I use "V" to show all message, the assertion details are present:

OriginationAndTerminationEqual_ReturnsInUse: Failure

  Expected: True
  But was:  False

   at NUnit.Framework.Assert.That(Object actual, IResolveConstraint expression,
String message, Object[] args)
   at NUnit.Framework.Assert.IsTrue(Boolean condition)
   at Sonet.Tests.Queries.CheckIfCircuitEndpointsUseAvailableResourcesTest.Origi
nationAndTerminationEqual_ReturnsInUse() in c:\sonetjp\source\Sonet.Tests\Querie
s\CheckIfCircuitEndpointsUseAvailableResourcesTest.cs:line 58

Shouldn't the "Expected... But was" show when using the "E" function?

Show errors automatically on failed build?
Related to the above, it'd be nice if the "E" information automatically displayed after a build/test run, so I can see what failed without activating the command window and typing E.

Just started using this, so maybe some nudging in the right direction will solve these for me.

Jason