Error indexing - Segmentation fault (core dumped)

F. Requena

Oct 4, 2018, 9:16:08 AM10/4/18
to giggle
Hello!

I'm having a problem when I try to index a file (bgzip compressed):

The first error message that I got:

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Then, I started to do changes with the same file to see what is going on and after many attempts:

- Less 100 rows - Everything OK / indexed correctly
- 100 rows - Everything OK / indexed correctly
- More 100 rows - Error message: Segmentation fault (core dumped)

This is the command:

giggle index -i './chromatin_state/just_try.bed.gz' -o ./index_chromm

I'm running Giggle in my Ubuntu 16.04 laptop, my giggle version is 0.6.3.

If you need anything else, just let me know.

Thank you in advance!

Francisco Requena

Ryan Layer

Oct 4, 2018, 10:25:47 AM10/4/18
to juegaonl...@gmail.com, giggle
Try sorting the files then adding the options "-s -f" to your index command.

F. Requena

Oct 4, 2018, 11:10:03 AM10/4/18
to giggle
Hello Ryan,

I spotted the problem: the separator of the bed file was a ' ' and not a '/t' (tab-separator).

Thank you for your fast answer and availability.

Francisco Requena

Ryan Layer

Oct 4, 2018, 12:54:08 PM10/4/18
to F. Requena, giggle
good luck and let me know if you run into any other issues