Initial public data from GIAB tumor/normal pair

Zook, Justin M. (Fed)

Jul 27, 2023, 4:17:34 PM7/27/23
to GIAB Analysis Team

Dear GIAB,

As we’d presented on GIAB calls, we have some initial data from karyotyping, Illumina, and HiC on a new broadly-consented pancreatic tumor cell line, as well as illumina WGS on normal tissue from the same individual, whom we are calling HG008. We’ve now moved data we previously shared from the technical directory to a new directory with readme’s describing the data under https://ftp-trace.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ReferenceSamples/giab/data_somatic/HG008/. We’ll continue to add analyses, as well as extensive additional data from multiple short and long read technologies over the next couple months, but wanted to share these data with you now if you are interested. We’ll be talking more about the plans for new data on the next GIAB call on Aug 21.

Cheers,

Justin