GIAB RNA analysis meeting plan - starting February 2023

Jain, Miten

Jan 12, 2023, 9:12:32 AM1/12/23
to GIAB Analysis Team, wt...@jhu.edu, hut...@med.cornell.edu, Boutros, Paul C., Fritz Sedlazeck, Zook, Justin M. (Fed), Jain, Miten
Dear all,

Happy new year!

We are preparing the start of a focused working group around RNA data sets for GIAB samples. These have been recently sequenced, and we are confident to generate preliminary analyses shortly.

As such we were thinking of kicking off the working group in February. The group will focus on a short notice paper of the data that will give us more time to further define and refine an RNA focused benchmark set for isoform detection and longer-term isoform/gene quantification.

We have put together a brief outline here:

Please feel free to leave comments and suggestions as this is an early draft.

We are initially planning monthly calls (and increase meeting frequency as needed). Proposed time options are:
  1. 1st / 2nd / 3rd Wednesdays at 10 AM EST
  2. 1st / 2nd / 3rd / 4th Mondays at 11 AM EST

If you have a preference for a time/week, please let us know.

We will reach out with call details in the next few weeks.

Best wishes,
Miten, Fritz, Justin