Undefined symbols for architecture i386

Nick Parker

Nov 7, 2012, 4:49:05 PM11/7/12
to ghu...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am testing a custom AppDelegate within iOS, which is working fine when run through the GHUnit iPhone simulator.  However, when I attempt to run this test via the command line, I get a linker error.

Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
  "_objc_setProperty_atomic", referenced from:
      -[AppDelegateTest setAppDelegate:] in AppDelegateTest.o
  "_objc_setProperty_nonatomic", referenced from:
      -[AppDelegate setNavigationController:] in AppDelegate.o
      -[AppDelegate setLoginViewController:] in AppDelegate.o
      -[AppDelegate setWindow:] in AppDelegate.o
      -[LoginViewController setLoginButton:] in LoginViewController.o
      -[LoginViewController setPasswordField:] in LoginViewController.o
      -[TokenEntryViewController setToolbar:] in TokenEntryViewController.o
      -[TokenEntryViewController setAccountNameField:] in TokenEntryViewController.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386

Any suggestions for fixing this?  Why would this work properly when run through the simulator, but not from the command line?  The view controllers and app delegate referenced in the trace above are already included in the test target.  As a side note, prior to this specific test being run I was able to run GHUnit tests from the command line successfully.  Thanks!

Nick Parker