It is common to put test command in Makefile?

Ryan Chan

Nov 18, 2011, 4:26:21 AM11/18/11
to GHUnit
I have a make file which contains the following:

test:
GHUNIT_CLI=1 xcodebuild -target MyAppTest -configuration Debug -sdk
iphonesimulator build

So I can test it by typing make test

Any better way to do it?

Stewart Gleadow

Nov 18, 2011, 7:25:22 PM11/18/11
to ghu...@googlegroups.com
Yep, that's the most basic. If you're using using schemes, you might want to use a similar command but specifying workspace/scheme instead of target/action, but that depends on how complex your project set up is.

If you're running that command from a CI build using Jenkins or something, you might also want to get the JUnit XML output so you can use other plugins to visualise test runs and failures.

My command line builds often get complicated enough that I end up using Ruby and rake, since my Makefile fu is a little lacking.

- Stew

--
@stewgleadow