What is the password when using sqlite3?

Matthew Frei

Sep 20, 2017, 1:05:14 AM9/20/17
to Ghiro image forensics mailing list
I installed and configured Ghiro on a Ubuntu server. I did not use a virtual appliance. I'm able to access the Ghiro web UI. However, I can't log in. I keep getting "Please enter a correct username and password. Note that both fields may be case-sensitive."

How do I know what the initial credentials are when using sqlite as the relational data storage layer? I noticed the following comment in the local_settings.py file: "# Credntials. The following settings are not used with sqlite3." So where can I find those credentials?

Marco Buoncristiano

Sep 20, 2017, 4:16:42 AM9/20/17
to Matthew Frei, Ghiro image forensics mailing list
Hi Matthew,
thanks for your email.
So, you can find the solution on the online manual (Administration section).

Anyway, you need to create a new superuser account from the command line.

Keep in touch

Thanks

I installed and configured Ghiro on a Ubuntu server. I did not use a virtual appliance. I'm able to access the Ghiro web UI. However, I can't log in. I keep getting "Please enter a correct username and password. Note that both fields may be case-sensitive."

How do I know what the initial credentials are when using sqlite as the relational data storage layer? I noticed the following comment in the local_settings.py file: "# Credntials. The following settings are not used with sqlite3." So where can I find those credentials?

Matthew Frei

Sep 20, 2017, 10:30:20 PM9/20/17
to Ghiro image forensics mailing list
Thank you. That worked. I had to run "sudo python manage.py createsuperuser" before starting the server. Perhaps we should add that instruction near the "Preparing" heading in the docs in addition to the Admin section?

Thanks!

On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 1:05:14 AM UTC-4, Matthew Frei wrote:
> I installed and configured Ghiro on a Ubuntu server. I did not use a virtual appliance. I'm able to access the Ghiro web UI. However, I can't log in. I keep getting "Please enter a correct username and password. Note that both fields may be case-sensitive."
>
> How do I know what the initial credentials are when using sqlite as the relational data storage layer? I noticed the following comment in the local_settings.py file: "# Credntials. The following settings are not used with sqlite3." So where can I find those credentials?

Marco Buoncristiano

Sep 21, 2017, 9:58:28 AM9/21/17
to Matthew Frei, Ghiro image forensics mailing list
Hi Matthew,

Yes we planned this.

Thanks so much.

Marco