Problem with running manage.py on a Mac

jeclark2006

Jun 3, 2015, 8:47:02 PM6/3/15
to gh...@googlegroups.com
I've set things up for python and the various additional packages that are required to run ghiro on a Mac.

However I get an error when attempting to run the

python manage.py syncdb

operation per the setup instructions.

The error messages leads to the following:

..... a number of backtrace lines....

File "/Users/jeclark2006/src/Imaging/ghiro/analyses/models.py", line 21, in <module>
from lib.utils import create_thumb
File "/Users/jeclark2006/src/Imaging/ghiro/lib/utils.py", line 12, in <module>
from analyses.models import AnalysisMetadataDescription
ImportError: cannot import name AnalysisMetadataDescription

I'd also note that from the instructions the following bombs as well

python manage runserver

but

python manage.py runserver

seems to attempt to bring up the program, but bombs with the above 'cannot import...' message.

My question is what may I have wrong with my setup?

I use the Mac Ports version of python etc. and I believe the version is 2.7.10.

Alessandro Tanasi

Jun 10, 2015, 4:40:48 PM6/10/15
to jeclark2006, gh...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Ghiro runs well on Mac (we develop it on Mac every day), the only pain is to get gexiv working.
Which release are you using? The stable package from website or a git clone from github?
If the answer is you are using the developer release from github, just run a git pull to be sure you are running the latest release.
I tried syncdb rigth now and it is working.

Regards,
Alessandro Tanasi (@jekil)