Thumbnail Consistency

Zainab Khalid

Aug 2, 2020, 7:38:02 AM8/2/20
to Ghiro image forensics mailing list
Hi,

In the documentation of the Ghiro website it says "Sometimes when a photo is edited, if the image editing software does not support image preview, the original image is edited but the thumbnail not. A simple comparison between the original image and the thumbnail could detect image edits."

I want to ask if there is any image editing software that doesn't provide thumbnail previews? Because even Window's 'paint' software updates the thumbnail after editing.
Also, is there a particular feature for thumbnail consistency checking because I couldn't find it in Ghiro. I guess it's up to the analyst to check differences in the image and thumbnail manually then?

Best Regards,