Problem testing API

Martin Etchart

Apr 4, 2017, 10:32:49 AM4/4/17
to Ghiro image forensics mailing list
I got the virtual appliance working and the browser app working ok.

I was testing the API and could use the api/cases/new correctly, I see on the browser the case is created, but had to remove the port 8000 in the URL to get it to work.

The problem is a can't get the other API calls to work, starting with the api/cases/show, I call it like this:

curl -kis -F case_id=4 -F api_key=5505193c-a06b-4f9a-9165-8c45a5963e00 http://192.168.56.101/api/cases/show

I get this message:
"
Page not found (404)
Request Method: POST
Request URL: http://192.168.56.101/api/cases/show

Using the URLconf defined in ghiro.urls, Django tried these URL patterns, in this order:
^$
^users/
^analyses/
^hashes/
^manage/
^api/ ^cases/new$
^api/ ^images/new$
The current URL, api/cases/show, didn't match any of these.

You're seeing this error because you have DEBUG = True in your Django settings file. Change that to False, and Django will display a standard 404 page.
"

This happens both inside the virtual machine as from the host system (Ubuntu 14.04). I could create new cases from both sides.

This is and out of the box appliance test, haven't changed anything except network setting to "host only adapter", wasn't working with the bridged mode.