Not sure how to run this

Cyril Ong

Aug 10, 2015, 11:19:32 AM8/10/15
to Ghiro image forensics mailing list
Hi!
First of all, thank you Alessandro Tanasi and Marco Buoncristiano for creating this tool. I am very interested to use it.
I have ubuntu running on my laptop, but I am not sure how to build and run it. I read your documentation, but I only see on running for virtual machine. I wish to be able to run it on Ubuntu itself. I see that this is suppose to be a web application, but I know not how to use it.

Alessandro Tanasi

Aug 10, 2015, 5:04:47 PM8/10/15
to Cyril Ong, Ghiro image forensics mailing list
Hello,
Thanks so much, really appreciated!
The setup guideline is described here http://docs.getghiro.org/en/ghiro-0.2/setup/index.html
If you are not skilled in administering linux, i suggest to use only the appliance.
Setting up ghiro from scratch, it is not hard but it is a long process, which i will suggest only for long-term and production environment, otherwise i kindly suggest the appliace (which is a ubuntu already ready).

Feel free to post any question.

Regards,
Alessandro Tanasi (@jekil)

Cyril Ong

Aug 12, 2015, 12:40:51 PM8/12/15
to Ghiro image forensics mailing list, cyril....@gmail.com
Hi, thank you so much. I tried configuring the IP of the virtual machine to take a static IP, I tried accessing the IP address through a browser, but it doesn't seem to be able to connect. I tried to ping it, but there's no response.

Alessandro Tanasi

Aug 13, 2015, 6:32:21 AM8/13/15
to Cyril Ong, Ghiro image forensics mailing list
It seems you did some mistake configuring the network stuff. I will publish a guide about configuring it soon.

Regards,
Alessandro Tanasi (@jekil)