Talk Invitation: tsuruCapital :: Lambda -> Dollar

Tom Schrijvers

Nov 26, 2012, 7:01:06 AM11/26/12
to ghent-fpg
I have invited Jasper Van der Jeugt to talk about his
experience as an intern at Tsuru Capital (Tokyo) at the
occasion of the last lecture of the Functional and Logic Programming course.

You are welcome to join us on Wednesday December 12 at 17:30
in room V1 (1st floor) of building S9, campus De Sterre, Krijgslaan 281, 9000 Gent.

Speaker: Jasper Van der Jeugt
Title: tsuruCapital :: Lambda -> Dollar

Abstract:
Tsuru Capital is a privately held trading company. However, there are no
``traders'' at the company: all trading is (as far as possible) automatically
executed by software, which is developed in-house. We use the Haskell
programming language almost exclusively because we believe this allows us to write faster, more correct and more high-level code.

In this talk, I will explain the kind work we do at Tsuru Capital and give some concrete examples of how Haskell helps us achieve good results with a very small team.
--
prof. dr. ir. Tom Schrijvers

Programming Languages Group
Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science
University of Ghent

Krijgslaan 281 S9
9000 Gent
Belgium
Phone: +32 9 264 4805
http://users.ugent.be/~tschrijv/

Tom Schrijvers

Feb 11, 2013, 2:23:55 AM2/11/13
to toonketels, ghent-fpg

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 8:21 AM, toonketels <toon....@gmail.com> wrote:
I guess the talk is not recorded, but are there any slides available you won't mind to share?

Regards,

Toon