Regression line on Predicted vs Observed values plot

gafna jeff

Apr 3, 2023, 9:15:39 AM4/3/23
to ggplot2
Hello everyone,

Am plotting the predicted species richness values (X-axis) against the observed species richness values (Y-axis) using ggplot2. I also have the Pearson correlation coefficient between the observed and predicted richness values. Am just wondering if it's normal for the linear regression line (blue solid line) to cut across the Y axis the way it does in my plots (see attachment). If yes? What does this indicate? I have come across some plots where this linear regression line cuts across the X-axis and not the Y-axis like in my plots. I would really appreciate any advice.
Regards,
Jeff

My predictor vs observed plots.jpeg