beginner question, how can I overlap two violin plots

Qingyang Li

Mar 4, 2013, 12:30:18 PM3/4/13
to ggplo...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

I was trying to make a figure using ggplot2 in R to get one violin plot on top of another, like what's in the first 2 panels in the example below. Does any one know how to do this in R?

example figure

link to the article!

Thanks!

Yang

Brandon Hurr

Mar 4, 2013, 12:47:43 PM3/4/13
to Qingyang Li, ggplot2-dev
Two geom_violin layers with alpha should work. If you have some example data, I'm sure someone could help more.

Hadley Wickham

Mar 4, 2013, 12:59:42 PM3/4/13
to Qingyang Li, ggplo...@googlegroups.com
Would you mind sending your question to the ggplot2 mailing list?  This is the development mailing list.
Hadley

Chief Scientist, RStudio
http://had.co.nz/

Qingyang Li