Visual testing suite

Brian Diggs

Jun 21, 2013, 10:14:55 AM6/21/13
to ggplo...@googlegroups.com
Is there a writeup somewhere as to how to use the visual testing suite
for ggplot2 development? I want to test something for regressions before
submitting a pull request, and I'm not sure that the regular tests will
cover it.

--
Brian S. Diggs, PhD
Senior Research Associate, Department of Surgery

Hadley Wickham

Jun 21, 2013, 10:25:17 AM6/21/13
to Brian Diggs, ggplo...@googlegroups.com
Check out the links on https://github.com/wch/ggplot2/wiki
Hadley
> --

Chief Scientist, RStudio
http://had.co.nz/

Winston Chang

Jun 21, 2013, 2:26:24 PM6/21/13
to Brian Diggs, ggplo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian -

There's also a bit of stuff that might not be well documented just
yet... feel free to ask questions if you need assistance.

-Winston

Brian Diggs

Jun 24, 2013, 12:19:36 PM6/24/13
to Winston Chang, ggplo...@googlegroups.com
On 6/21/2013 11:26 AM, Winston Chang wrote:
> Hi Brian -
>
> There's also a bit of stuff that might not be well documented just
> yet... feel free to ask questions if you need assistance.

I worked on it for a few hours, but couldn't get everything working. I'm
doing this on a Windows machine (Windows 7 64 bit) and I did note that
it had not been tested/known to work on that platform. The problems I
was running into were in what programs were available on the system path
(git, imagemagick's convert, gs) and (I think) spaces in file names.
Primarily, the problems were with the PDF to PNG conversion creating the
web pages. If I get a chance to get back to it and I have specific
questions/contributions, I'll let you know.