Ggobi + Windows10

David Huffer

Oct 7, 2020, 10:21:20 AM10/7/20
to GGobi users
I installed the 64bit GGobi from http://ggobi.org/downloads/ and I'm just getting started.  I've noticed some initial problems and I'm wondering if maybe my installation got goofed.

following along with the tutorial, i open GGobi and for the first few minutes the screen is unresponsive.  when i can finally click a menu button, i click on file...open and then its unresponsive for a few more minutes.   after that wait, i navigate to ggbi\data and open olive.csv.  that opens after about 5 minutes (the title bar says "(Not Responding)" ) and then i see both the console and the scatterplot.

The console is responsive.  i can left/right click on the variable labels and assign them to the x and y axes of the scatterplot.    If i click anything on the scatterplot window I dont get any response.

I know this isn't normal so I'm curious about what i should do differently to get thigs to work.

--
  David