Save Display Description?

Theo Bell

Feb 20, 2007, 7:19:05 AM2/20/07
to GGobi users
Hi,
I'm keen to use the DescribeDisplay plugin to produce some graphics
for including in my thesis. I've found the instructions in the Ggobi
book "Interactive and Dynamic Graphics for Data Analysis: With
Examples using R and Ggobi" as retrieved from the Ggobi website before
Christmas.

On p.3, it says to use the "Save Display Description" item on the
Ggobi Tools menu to generate the file containing the S description of
the display and then load that in using DescribeDisplay.

I can't seem to find the "Save Display Description" item on my Ggobi
or rggobi menu. Am I missing something?
I'm using Ggobi version 2.1.4 and rggobi version 2.1.4-4.

Thanks,
Theo

Michael Lawrence

Feb 20, 2007, 8:24:10 AM2/20/07
to gg...@googlegroups.com
What operating system are you using? My guess is that GGobi is not finding your ggobirc, so it is not loading the plugins.

Theo Bell

Feb 20, 2007, 10:21:21 AM2/20/07
to gg...@googlegroups.com
I'm using SUSE linux 10.0.

Ahh.. yes, plugins. I didn't follow the installation instructions properly.
Now that I have made the ggobirc file and put it in the right place it all works fine. :)

Thanks for the tip
Theo

Souradeep Chattopadhyay

Nov 20, 2016, 9:29:31 PM11/20/16
to GGobi users, law...@iastate.edu

On Tuesday, February 20, 2007 at 6:54:10 PM UTC+5:30, Michael Lawrence wrote:
What operating system are you using? My guess is that GGobi is not finding your ggobirc, so it is not loading the plugins.

Hello,
         I am also facing the same problem of missing Display Description Plugin. I am using Windows 10. I did not see anything related to ggobirc during installation.

Thanks
Souradeep