how to put ggobi display into a GUI window setup by gWidgets

CHAO HAN

Nov 28, 2009, 5:37:06 PM11/28/09
to GGobi users
Hi,

I want to put a ggobi display into a GUI window setup by gWidgets, but
error occur said it is not a S4 object.

Does anyone have any idea about how to put it in or maybe it can not
be put into a widget at all?

Thanks A LOT!

Michael Lawrence

Dec 1, 2009, 8:30:02 AM12/1/09
to CHAO HAN, GGobi users

This can be done. You'll need to create the display as a separate widget, by passing "embed = TRUE" to display() when creating the display. That will return an RGtk2 object, which *should* be addable to a gwidgets container, as long as you're using the gWidgetsRGtk2 backend.

Michael

Thanks A LOT!

Stéphane Laurent

Nov 29, 2013, 10:09:47 AM11/29/13
to gg...@googlegroups.com, CHAO HAN
Indeed, that seems to work:  xx <- display(g["datELISA"], vars=list(X="date", Y="OD"), embed=TRUE)

But once we do that, how to put xx in a GUI window ?

laurent stephane

Nov 29, 2013, 10:37:47 AM11/29/13
to Michael Lawrence, GGobi users, CHAO HAN
Actually I'm using gWidgets2.
Currently I'm using the following way: I save the plot with  ggobi_display_save_picture() and then I display it with gimage().
So this way I'm using works well but I was just curious to understand what you mean :)

Le Vendredi 29 novembre 2013 16h34, Michael Lawrence <lawrence...@gene.com> a écrit :
With RGtk2, you could just stick it in a window with:
window <- gtkWindow()
window$add(xx)

I'm guessing you want something fancier though...