Re: {GGI-B'lore} Digest for ggi-club@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 1 topic

charan cs

Oct 3, 2021, 11:00:03 PM10/3/21
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club)
Brilliant write up, peppered with nice encounters 👌
Keep riding, keep writing, keep sharing 👍

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021, 8:20 AM <ggi-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Parag Patankar <parag.p...@gmail.com>: Oct 03 03:01PM +0530

I did the Kagglipura-Harohalli-Jigani loop around the periphery of the
Bannerghatta National Park yesterday, felt good to do a Long Ride and Long
Write After a Long Break.
Me-Triumphantly: "I climbed non-stop from Harohalli to Jigani, and without
even using the Granny Gears!"
Wife: "So you are finally a Cycling Yogi?"
Me: "No, it is the hand of God."
W: "Midlife crisis turning you into a Religious nut, or a football fan?"
Me: "Actually God-Curry's men flattened the climbs, in improving the road
for truckers."
Eavesdropping Eco-activist son: "What about the Elephants?"
Cycle on to read the full tale
<https://paragrinations.blogspot.com/2021/10/cycling-elephants-and-fishy-fables.html>
Ali Poonawala <alfa...@gmail.com>: Oct 03 08:54PM +0530

Good writing and cycling too ..Ragihalli route had lot of granite mining
when I did it 10 years ago...has that changed ?

Warm regards
Ali

On Sun, 3 Oct, 2021, 3:01 PM Parag Patankar, <parag.p...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Parag Patankar <parag.p...@gmail.com>: Oct 03 10:14PM +0530

Thanks Dr Ali.

The route I took was not Ragihalli, as that is usually banned for cyclists
if there are Forest guards at the checkpoint.

The was the regular Harohalli-Jigani climb (with the Branch Off to Anekal
which is causing the road to be widened), but on the last stretch,at the
Jigani water tank, instead of going towards Jigani Industrial area, we turn
left and hit the edge of the Ragihalli forest. I did not see any active
quarrying, but there was an old quarry I passed, which was full of
rainwater.
But a lot of lakes in the Kanakapura road stretch have disappeared, some
have been turned into "Lakeview Layouts" ;-(