Nature Finds a Way to do DEV-Ops

Parag Patankar

Nov 21, 2021, 10:56:33 AM11/21/21
to bangalore-bikers, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club)
Dr Ali and I did a repeat of the Harohalli-Jigani- Begihalli ride yesterday, here is the ride report.

Saturday morning, at an ungodly* hour the Pagerduty for Indra DEV (ID) buzzes, "Tomatoes"

After a quick triage of the system dashboard, ID pings Surya DEV (SD).
SD: "Dude, do you know the time, and that too on the weekend ?"
ID: "Tomatoes are 120/kg, and rising fast"
SD: "You rained on their parade, so you can stop it."
ID: "I did stop. And I never thought I would say this, but there is too much water. So you need to deploy a fix."

---------------------------------
Down to Earth
Me (Stepping in, while Wife is on a Zoom with family seniors) : "I had a lovely ride. Most Lakeview Layouts are now proper lakes, and look who is laughing, not the builders, though not my drive train either, with half a kg of mud on it now."
Wife, Sarcastically: "And quite a bit on the floor as I see."
Family seniors Zooming in on me- "Why is he still riding, did we not tell you what Dr DEV-I said about exercising ?"
Skeptic Son: "Nana, how do you know it is true ?"
FS: "We got it on WhatsApp ! And from 5 different people, before you ask."
Skeptic Son senses defeat, and like any wily teenager switches the topic and dons his other Avatar.
Eco-Activist Son:  "What about the elephants ?"
Me: "Saw only one"

Chidambaran Subramanian

Nov 22, 2021, 1:47:01 PM11/22/21
to parag.p...@gmail.com, bangalore-bikers, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club)
had to lookup begihalli

--

---

Parag Patankar

Nov 25, 2021, 11:18:57 AM11/25/21
to bangalore-bikers, Chidambaran Subramanian, O p e n d r o, anil kadsur, ali poonawala, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club)
Have been riding a little bit, not writing too often though, need to ramp up on both.

Chiddu/ Opendro/ Anil- How about reviving the Month end ride tradition this sunday 28th Nov, on the Harohalli-Jigani route ?
It is quite scenic with the recent rains, and a good surface even for roadbikes. And the Begihalli climb is worthy of repeating Anik Kadsur's single speed Basavanabetta climbing attempt, we can learn "round pedalling" from you.

And maybe in Dec we can do Anchetty, hopefully there is good amount of water there ?

image.png

On Thursday, November 25, 2021 at 12:12:56 PM UTC+5:30 Opendro wrote:
It was for Parag, but I see from his blog that he has been riding.

Doc, you are on a roll! Really nice to see a lot of action among the cyclists now. Roads are a bit crazy with cars though. Please take care.

On Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 10:04:27 PM UTC+5:30 ali poonawala wrote:
Hi Opendro
Not sure if this question was to Parag, me or both !