Cycling Elephants and Fishy Fables

1 view

Parag Patankar

Oct 3, 2021, 5:31:40 AM10/3/21
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), bangalore-bikers

I did the Kagglipura-Harohalli-Jigani loop around the periphery of the Bannerghatta National Park yesterday, felt good to do a Long Ride and Long Write After a Long Break.

Me-Triumphantly: "I climbed non-stop from Harohalli to Jigani, and without even using the Granny Gears!"
Wife: "So you are finally a Cycling Yogi?"
Me: "No, it is the hand of God."
W: "Midlife crisis turning you into a Religious nut, or a football fan?"
Me: "Actually  God-Curry's men flattened the climbs, in improving the road for truckers."
Eavesdropping Eco-activist son: "What about the Elephants?"

Ali Poonawala

Oct 3, 2021, 11:25:09 AM10/3/21
to Parag Patankar, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), bangalore-bikers
Good writing and cycling too ..Ragihalli route had lot of granite mining when I did it 10 years ago...has that changed ?

Warm regards
Ali

--
Biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
bangalorebikersclub.com

Parag Patankar

Oct 3, 2021, 12:44:30 PM10/3/21
to Ali Poonawala, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), bangalore-bikers
Thanks Dr Ali.

The route I took was not Ragihalli, as that is usually banned for cyclists if there are Forest guards at the checkpoint.

The was the regular Harohalli-Jigani climb (with the Branch Off to Anekal which is causing the road to be widened), but on the last stretch,at the Jigani water tank, instead of going towards Jigani Industrial area, we turn left and hit the edge of the Ragihalli forest.  I did not see any active quarrying, but there was an old quarry I passed, which was full of rainwater.
But a lot of lakes in the Kanakapura road stretch have disappeared, some have been turned into "Lakeview Layouts" ;-(