How to compile from source for x86_64 target ?

Loup Blanc

Jul 6, 2015, 9:43:47 AM7/6/15
to gg...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The web site of g95 gives informations for compiling from source : http://www.g95.org/source.shtml

But there are no details about creation of binaries strictly 64 bits for Windows platform...(There is the option mingw but with 32 bits options)

Is there someone who already did this?

Thanks
Loup

ziggy76

Jul 6, 2015, 11:43:44 AM7/6/15
to gg...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I did this using gfortran ... I don't think it is possible with g95.

Regards.

Loup Blanc

Jul 7, 2015, 3:10:20 AM7/7/15
to gg...@googlegroups.com
Hi ziggy,

Tx for your answer.
I will try another option by using cygwin. I'll try to give a feedback...

ah ! Would be great if these windows binaries had been already available !

Loup

ziggy76

Jul 7, 2015, 12:46:22 PM7/7/15
to gg...@googlegroups.com

Le mardi 7 juillet 2015 09:10:20 UTC+2, Loup Blanc a écrit :
Hi ziggy,

Tx for your answer.
I will try another option by using cygwin. I'll try to give a feedback...

ah ! Would be great if these windows binaries had been already available !

Loup

What do you mean ?
The g95 project seems not to be maintained anymore but you can have working Windows binaries from fortran.com.
( google g95 fortran.com, and you'll have a link to the g95-MinGW_201210 file.).
The gfortran project is also free and is still very active. They propose compilers generating x86_64 binaries.
In my opinion it is easier to give it a try than use cygwin ...

Regards.

Loup Blanc

Jul 7, 2015, 3:50:30 PM7/7/15
to gg...@googlegroups.com
What i mean : just add access on http://www.g95.org to (official) 64
bits g95 binaries.

Tx, i know this link ( fortran.com) and theses binaries.

Taking gfortran is my last option, i've no doubt about the quality of gfortran.

Regards.

ziggy76

Jul 8, 2015, 12:06:11 PM7/8/15
to gg...@googlegroups.com

Le mardi 7 juillet 2015 21:50:30 UTC+2, Loup Blanc a écrit :
What i mean : just add access on http://www.g95.org to (official) 64
bits g95 binaries.

Tx, i know this link ( fortran.com) and theses binaries.

Taking gfortran is my last option, i've no doubt about the quality of gfortran.

Regards.

Be careful, there are two different things :
- compilers running on a 64 bits system and generating 32 bit binaries ( I used g95 on a 64 bit Windows 7, just for that )
- compilers generating 64 bits binaries ... I don't think it is sufficient to recompile the compiler !
The gfortran64 project proposes many combinaisons of fortran compilers (cross compilers ...).

Regards.

Loup Blanc

Jul 8, 2015, 4:09:31 PM7/8/15
to gg...@googlegroups.com
True!
That's what i've realized....

" I used g95 on a 64 bit Windows 7, just for that" : Until now, i do the same...

But as you can find (easily) g95 64 bits version on linux platform, i
was hoping a easy way to get g95 64 bits on Windows....

Regards