Can't convert CHARACTER(1) to REAL(4) at (1)

Shilpy Bhardwaj

Mar 6, 2015, 8:38:38 AM3/6/15
to gg...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am new to Fortran and using Force2.0 to compile code in Fortran. When I compile a piece of code, I am getting error message
 SEEP='.'
           1
Error: Can't convert CHARACTER(1) to REAL(4) at (1)

This SEEP variable is declared, as CHARACTER, and defined in include file.

Any help will be appreciated. I am stuck and don't know how to fix it.

Thanks,

Darius Markauskas

Mar 6, 2015, 9:23:41 AM3/6/15
to gg...@googlegroups.com
I think, you have not declared SEEP variable. The compiler assumes implicit type for SEEP (real(4)).
You should declare it as:
character(1) :: seep.

You can add IMPLICIT NONE in your code if you like.

Loup Blanc

Mar 16, 2015, 5:00:14 AM3/16/15
to gg...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Did you check that your include file is really call...?

regards.
frédéric