thermal printer sp 300e

cxbx4sho

May 25, 2014, 8:27:19 AM5/25/14
to gfr-p...@googlegroups.com
hello, please help me to print anything on my Zyxel thermal printer sp 300e.

James Adam

May 26, 2014, 12:10:23 PM5/26/14
to gfr-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

In order to get this printer to work, you’ll need to figure out two things.

Firstly, you’ll need to dig up the printer manual so we can figure out how to translate a bitmap image into the right commands for your printer. I had a quick look and unfortunately I could only find the user manual, which doesn’t contain any printer control information

Next, you’ll need to figure out how to get it to connect to a printer server. Because it has built-in ethernet, this will probably mean getting it to connect via some other device (like a computer), because I doubt it will be easy to reprogram the printer itself to speak to the server.

So - quite a bit of work I’m afraid, but certainly possible if you’re motivated enough….?

— James