On the jeff probst show

dara lushine

Apr 29, 2013, 4:13:07 PM4/29/13
to gf...@googlegroups.com
I loved some of the things the author said on the show about the pep-talks about NOT contacting someone after youve broken that tie with them but i had a few questions because it wasnt all totally clear.

Someone i know moved in and then married a man within about a year (maybe less) of knowing the guy at ALL, has called me and told me about how he is controlling and never wants to do anything she wants to do and KNOWS that i would have a negative reaction to this, yet does not leave him.

What does someone do to help that person or nudge them in the right direction of seeing that this person CLEARLY is not good for them?

i love the book, and i saw the part about the person needing to just go through the experience on their own, but can it take YEARS for them to find the strength to brake things off? especially if everyone around them does not like the spouse but the person refuses to give in?