High Voltage > 100V DC - Global Foundries 0.18 um Process

JOHN WESTMORELAND

Nov 5, 2022, 2:49:22 AM11/5/22
to gf180mcu-pdk-users
Hello All,

I was reading on EE Journal that Global Foundries has a 0.18 um process that allows for up to 700V NMOS transistors.

Are there any plans to add this to the OpenMPW options we have here?

Thanks In Advance,
John W.

Tim 'mithro' Ansell

Nov 5, 2022, 3:20:25 PM11/5/22
to JOHN WESTMORELAND, gf180mcu-pdk-users
Hi John,

If the GF180MCU program is successful, then we hope to open up other GF 180nm process technologies (but I'm unsure if that will include 700V NMOS transistors).

The best way to help make this happen is to help make the GF180MCU program successful by submitting projects to the recently announced shuttle program! https://opensource.googleblog.com/2022/10/announcing-globalfoundries-open-mpw-shuttle-program.html

Looking forward to seeing what you all do!

Tim 'mithro' Ansell