Transfer and put_tree -compute

bcc...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2018, 3:58:15 PM8/13/18
to Grammatical Framework
hello,

gf-rgl/src/abstract/Transfer.gf includes the following example as documentation:
  > i LangEng.gf

> p "she sees him" | pt -transfer=active2passive | l
  he
is seen by her

the put_tree command no longer seems to have the -transfer option, however. the only way I managed to have it work is by
Lang> p "she sees him"
PhrUtt NoPConj (UttS (UseCl (TTAnt TPres ASimul) PPos (PredVP (UsePron she_Pron) (ComplSlash (SlashV2a see_V2) (UsePron he_Pron))))) NoVoc
Lang> pt -compute PhrUtt NoPConj (UttS (UseCl (TTAnt TPres ASimul) PPos (active2passive (PredVP (UsePron she_Pron) (ComplSlash (SlashV2a see_V2) (UsePron he_Pron)))))) NoVoc | l
he
is seen by her

i.e., I copied and pasted the parsed tree, adding `active2passive` at the proper place.

is there a better way of doing this? I'll update Transfer.gf accordingly.