pgf works without install c runtime

Syber Geng

Mar 14, 2023, 7:45:38 AM3/14/23
to Grammatical Framework
Hello GF-dev team,
       I just started to use pgf in python. I saw in the documentation that c runtime is required to use the python binding. I notice that even without installing c runtime, I'm still able to call function such as parse, linearize in pgf without an issue. Is this normal ?

Inari

Mar 14, 2023, 8:11:11 AM3/14/23
to Grammatical Framework
You don't have to install the C runtime manually to have the python bindings. It should work if you either
    Binary packages are available for Debian/Ubuntu, macOS, and Windows and include:
  • GF shell and grammar compiler
  • gf -server mode
  • C run-time system
  • Java & Python bindings to the C run-time system
b) installed the Python bindings with pip.

If one or both of these holds for you, everything is as expected.

Inari

Syber Geng

Mar 14, 2023, 10:44:55 AM3/14/23
to Grammatical Framework