GF seminar (online): vote for date & time

Inari Listenmaa

Oct 25, 2021, 6:46:51 AM10/25/21
to Grammatical Framework
Hi all!

Back in the GFSS, a number of us had an idea to start a regular GF seminar, as a smaller and more frequent event than a full 2-week summer school. Now that it's been 3 months since the GFSS, I thought it's time to have our first seminar!

1. Vote for a time slot

Here's a doodle for the first two weeks of November: https://doodle.com/poll/qisap3f4yfxrtnce

Please vote by the end of October!

2. Format of the seminar

I suggest that we start with a few presentations of ~5–20 minutes each, and end with informal chat. The formal part shouldn't take more than 60-90 minutes (aiming for the shorter side, but if many people have work to present, I am happy to hear!)

As for platform, if we're up to 25 people, I suggest Gather—that way we can all listen to a talk in one virtual "room", and then divide into smaller groups if desired, and it's easy to change between groups. If we are more than 25 people, then Zoom.

3. Agenda

The agenda is what we all are working on! Just a work-in-progress demo is great, no need to make fancy slides or have finished results.

If you just want to demo something in ≤5 minutes, you can even do it spontaneously, but if you aim for more of 20-minute talk, please let me know beforehand.

So far, the agenda is:
  • Progress report for the new runtime
  • WIP: improvements in gf-ud

I will update you when we have a time and date, and possibly more of an agenda.

Hope to see many of you at the seminar!

Inari