SPARQL end point

Jay Gray

Oct 24, 2017, 2:24:57 PM10/24/17
to Getty Vocabularies as Linked Open Data

We have successfully used http://vocab.getty.edu/sparql.
Recently, we upgraded our site to HTTPS.
One consequence is that we cannot "Mix Content" and receive this error message when using your SPARQL end-point:
  "This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS."

Would you consider upgrading your SPARQL end-point to HTTPS?

If you did so, we believe that existing queries from a remote HTTP site requesting http://vocab.getty.edu/sparql will continue to work.

/jay gray

ech...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2017, 4:57:29 PM11/2/17
to Getty Vocabularies as Linked Open Data
I have also come across this, as I am working on an application served over HTTPS and was hoping to be able to make queries to vocab.getty.edu/sparql from within the application.  If this is possible, it would be greatly appreciated!

Vladimir Alexiev

Nov 3, 2017, 6:44:48 AM11/3/17
to Getty Vocabularies as Linked Open Data
Hi! We're discussing this with the Getty.
The semantic URLs won't change, and the server will accept both http and https.
That will apply not just to SPARQL queries, but also to results and resource URLs.
The difficulty is how to ensure that once you enter using https, all links will stay in https.

Please comment on the above considerations.

Cheers!

ech...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2017, 9:13:04 AM11/6/17
to Getty Vocabularies as Linked Open Data
That would certainly work for me!  Right now I have only been using SPARQL queries, but making the general URLs available over https seems useful as well.