Short URLs for Getty Vocabularies Full Record and Hierarchy Displays

ggarcia

May 12, 2015, 1:29:37 PM5/12/15
to gettyv...@googlegroups.com
Before the Linked Open Data implementation of the Getty Vocabularies, vocab.getty.edu was redirecting requests of the URIs to individual subject IDs to the human-readable record located on the larger Getty.edu site.  Since implementing LOD, we have received numerous requests to create a similar short URL to these pages.  This feature is now available at vocab.getty.edu using these templates:
Examples:

http://vocab.getty.edu/page/aat/300198841
http://vocab.getty.edu/hier/aat/300198841
http://vocab.getty.edu/page/tgn/7009977
http://vocab.getty.edu/hier/tgn/7009977
http://vocab.getty.edu/page/ulan/500011051
http://vocab.getty.edu/hier/ulan/500011051

Thanks to everyone for their patience in this process.  We look forward to making more improvements in the future!

Gregg Garcia
Software Architect
J. Paul Getty Trust

Joan Cobb

May 13, 2015, 9:41:07 AM5/13/15
to gettyv...@googlegroups.com, gga...@getty.edu
Just as a reminder, here are the URIs for the semantic versions to the same records:

For more information about the difference between concept, place and agent see our this sections of our documentation: http://vocab.getty.edu/doc/#Concept_vs_Thing_Duality