What's behind Getty LOD/SPARQL?

Go S

Sep 14, 2018, 9:50:53 AM9/14/18
to Getty Vocabularies as Linked Open Data
Hello, I have 3 easy questions for the Getty team. Can somebody answer?:

1) What graph database system is behind Getty LOD/SPARQL? (i.e. Virtuoso, Blazegraph etc)
2) Is it an Open Source version or commercial version?
3) I tried to make a simple counting query on SPARQL: "select (count(*) as ?c) where { ?s ?p ?o }", but I got Results: (0) for AAT and Any. Why, and how can I make it work (alternatives perhaps?)?

Many thanks in advance,
Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities,
Austrian Academy of Sciences,
Go Sugimoto

Getty Vocabularies LOD

Sep 17, 2018, 12:42:05 PM9/17/18
to Getty Vocabularies as Linked Open Data
> What graph database system is behind Getty LOD/SPARQL?

GraphDB

> Is it an Open Source version or commercial version?

We use the enterprise version.

> I tried to make a simple counting query on SPARQL: "select (count(*) as ?c) where { ?s ?p ?o }"

This is a long query and might have hit the 2 minute query timeout. You can get triple counts from the descriptive info at http://vocab.getty.edu/void.ttl

Gregg Garcia
Getty Digital

Vladimir Alexiev

Sep 18, 2018, 12:17:16 PM9/18/18
to Getty Vocabularies as Linked Open Data
> You can get triple counts from the descriptive info at http://vocab.getty.edu/void.ttl

>> I tried to make a simple counting query on SPARQL: "select (count(*) as ?c) where { ?s ?p ?o }"
> This is a long query and might have hit the 2 minute query timeout.

Getty's currently considering an upgrade of GraphDB. You can try the test instance at http://getty.ontotext.com, which uses a recent version of GraphDB.
Your query takes a couple of minutes, then returns a count of 404M triples

Cheers!

Go S

Sep 18, 2018, 12:29:05 PM9/18/18
to vladimir...@ontotext.com, gettyv...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for your information!